Aktar develops a unique menu for these boxes from week to week and decide what we will be preparing across the weekend prior to collection or delivery. The template will always stay the same with 10 x traditional regional curries from across all of India but can not guarantee exactly what will be on there until we confirm menus.
Advised for one box to serve 4 people; the box is a considerable amount of food.
Similarly, we are unable to alter or swap dishes for dietary requirements but hope the selection would be sufficient for all.
- Chicken Saagwala – North Indian style chicken curry with spinach, fenugreek and mustard greens
- Achaari Gosht (D)(N) – Uttar Pradeshi style mutton stewed in pickling spices with dried Kashmiri chilli
- Hyderabadi Fish Curry – fish simmered in raw mango, fennel and cumin sauce
- Kachi Biryani – slow cooked marinated beef and potato biryani from Dhaka
- Rajasthani Kari (D) – Soy and mixed beans simmered in yoghurt tempered with chilli and garlic
- Baghara Dhal – blend of lentils tempered with mustard seed and curry leaves
- Poryal – South Indian style hispi cabbage, coconut and chilli
- Aloo Matar – new potatoes and green peas simmered in a spicy tomato curry
- Pakora – onion in a spicy fenugreek and caraway batter
- Somosa (G) – filled with potato
- Chutneys – Tamarind & Raitha
Dietaries (D): Is not suitable for any onion, garlic or tomato allergies.
All curries are prepared to be reheated quickly in a pan ready to serve. Occasionally some dishes will require reheating in the oven but at most we expect nothing longer than 20 minutes for any part of these curry dishes. Similarly, all are suitable for freezing down should it appear too much for a single sitting.